First term, we help your child settle into the school. We nurture them and ensure they are happy at school.
The Prep curriculum emphasises Literacy and Numeracy skills. It includes a two-hour daily Literacy block and a one-hour daily Numeracy block.
There will be opportunity for your child to explore his/her world. We ensure that our students ask lots of questions and we foster their curiosity.
We teach our students to become good learners and to have a passion for learning.
Your child will sometimes work with the whole class, and at other times in small groups. As your child develops, they will learn to work independently.
Helping Your Prep Child At Home
- Read to your child every day.
- Share good stories and memories of your own school days with your child.
- Be positive about school, teachers and learning.
- Talk about the types of activities they will take part in during the school day .
- Talk about friendships and how to be a good friend.
- Take your child to your local library and choose books together.
- Talk about the letters, words and numbers your child sees when shopping, on television, in books and on computer screens.
- Encourage your child’s curiosity by asking questions and encouraging questions in return.
- Introduce yourself to the families of other students.
|Literacy & Numeracy Tips to Help Your Child||4.17 MB|